07 December 2010

Indochina(Vietnam) - Post No 9: Hoi An to Hue 130km

27 November 2010


Technically the title should have been Quong Ngai to Hue as that's where we started from but I'm just going with the planned itinerary instead. We don't need to split hairs do we?

We have this system going on whereby when there's an intersection the 2nd or 3rd guy will wait there to make sure the rest goes to the right direction. On this trip, I was the marker when this Vietnamese guy who calls himself John approached me.

John: "Hallo man, my name John"
Me: "Hello"
John: Where you from?"
Me: "Malaysia"

Then he proceeds to show me this album full of notes from different countries as he explains in pidgin english that he's a collector. I see an RM1 in his album.

John: "You have 10 Malaysia for me?"
Me: "No"

that's when he walks off. I don't know whether he's for real or it's all a scam, but if it is then I have to give him an A for creativity.


Thru mountain roads we go


On occasions the scenery is breathtaking.


I dislocated my knee on this ride....happened when i stopped on a slope so my leg took a bit more weight and that's when the little blighter went pop. I was alone and couldn't get off the bike, so I rode till I saw Ivan who helped me off the bike. Luckily this has happened before and to pop it back in i had to lie down sideways and roll to push the kneecap in. Bearing in mind I was in full gear while doing this so if you can imagine a seal flopping about on his stomach that's pretty close to what I had looked like.


Plenty of local artists in Vietnam

A street in Hue
We reached Hue close to 5, which proved to be another major disappointment after Hoi An as the main attraction here is the Forbidden City. Hue used to be the capital of Vietnam and during Nguyen dynasty had built a citadel within a citadel within a citadel, with the last one being forbidden to anyone other than the emperor and his eunuchs and concubines. Unfortunately they close at 5.30 and we're already leaving early morning the next day for another long ride. This place definitely could have used another day for us to explore.

* Fuel Consumption
1. Hue 328.7km 200,000VND 15.9liters (RON92)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...