10 December 2010

Indochina(Laos) - Post No 15: Luang Prabang

I am a tourist! yeah! I've been in Luang Prabang the last few days, in fact I don't even remember whether i have spent 4 or 5 nights here. It's all blurry as my days are just marked by sunrise and sunsets. Just tha way daddy like...haha.

I left Phonsavan with Rudi as we head separate ways at Phou Khoune, he left to Vientiane and I right to Luang Prabang. It was 11°C when we left at 9am and foggy, visibility was actually down to 50meters, so we pretty much was feeling our way round the road.

Now that I'm flying solo, it's the total opposite of how we rode through Vietnam. I'm chilling out, taking time to relax and see the attractions. Meeting more people. In short, it's been brilliant! I suppose now I'm traveling alone I'm more approachable, I had this family from Bangkok who wanted to take a picture with me....haha...and i'm not even a celeb. The father is impressed that I rode all the way from KL. It's nice to have that kind of impact on people.


Mekong

The guy got it right: Chill out, take a nap.


I've been told by many Luang Prabang is different from Phonsavan and it makes a nice change, and so far I've not been disappointed. True, you see a lot of tourists, but it still retains it's laidback and rustic old school charm to make me want to stay longer.

There was a funny incident though as I'm asking people what to do here this guy was telling me, you should go up PUSSY hill and catch the sunset, we also have a PUSSY market. So you can imagine my oh.so.bitter disappointment to discover it's actually Phousy Hill, just that it's pronounced the way I spelt earlier. Halloo Luang Prabang, you can't do that to a single guy ok!

My days are spent with an activity a day, plus sitting at a coffee shop so that I can update my blog. In short i've done the following:

1, Elephant Village
2. Kwang Si waterfall
3. Film Festival
4. Pussy Hill sunset(I'm still upset about this one)
5. National Museum
6. Oct Pop Tok - Silk weaving

Easier to let the pics do most of the talking.

There's a night market that runs through the center of town every night





I enjoyed the Elephant Village, esp when I got to "drive" it. I have no idea how to steer it but I thought the next time I go to Vietnam, this is what i'll ride....haha.


Vroom vroom.....but still slow la


Fuel consumption quite high also

Rule 10 applies to some people I know
I was also taken on a long boat as we head on to Taed Sae waterfall. At this point it occurred to me that on this trip I've taken the following as transport(well technically anyways), and it's only been 3 weeks. Awesome!

1. Bike (duh....of course)
2. Plane
3. Van
4. Tuk Tuk
5. Bicycle (rented one in Luang Prabang)
6. Car
7. Junk
8. Elephant
9. Long boat



Sit in these cabanas by the river...i like
I'll post this first as I sort out rest of the pics.

Fuel Consumption
Phonsavan 360.3km 130,000kip 14.085liter 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...