06 November 2010

Kuantan - A Karipap Adventure

Maximised my time in Ri-Yaz by checking out late, when the receptionist informed me this cute staff "kirim salam", well well well, good start to the day then.

I'm off to Kuantan today with only 1 thing on my mind....karipap. Yes sirree, I'm riding 240km for some karipap, if that's not commitment I dont know what is (insanity perhaps?) I was introduced to this gem 12 years ago, and since then have had the opportunity sample it it off and on all this while. Definitely a good thing as if I had stayed in Kuantan i think i'd have so much karipap that I would have vomitted by the mere mention by now.

I took the coastal roads this time around and kept it a cool 80 to 100kmh, no rush what. When all along the way you catch glimpses of the ocean on your left, you know you're in jack johnson territory, so just chill and enjoy the ride. This route also is not complete if you dont stop in Kedai Kopi Hai Peng in Kemaman. An original, old school type kopitiam that has stayed true to its roots despite adding current favourites like blended ice coffee and latte.


A quick cuppa and 45 minutes later I'm sitting down looking at my karipap. I showed my tummy no mercy on this trip and my waistline is paying the price for it.


Beyond the tree line is the beach

It's fondly known as karipap gemuk panas and also karipap Taman Gelora, either way it tastes as good. You get to sit under the tree, while the cool breeze and the sound of the ocean hitting the beach just adds to the overall simple yet calming experience. By the way, it closes on Monday.

I also hooked up with Meor, who was kind enough to provide a place to stay for the night before I made my way back to KL the next day.

Black Mamba - hoi update la blog!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...