20 November 2010

Indochina(Thailand) - Post No 2: Bangkok

20 November 2010

There's no riding today, phew as i slept at 3 last nite. We just need to get our asses to the the airport for the 2pm flight to Bangkok. The bikes were expected to arrive at 4pm, which is just nice as we'd be arriving at 3pm. Just a little bit anxious as it's a good 24hrs that i am parted from the bike, but  a quick call before we boarded confirmed that the lorry is en-route. 

Tons of gear going on the flight

AirAsia sure knows how to pick em

Hadyai airport - definitely modern.
We checked in Chaba hotel near the airport and not even half an hour later the bikes arrived. Now I had stuffed my wet jacket and pants in the panniers, so the thought did occur as how bad it might smell after 24hours being cooped up in there, well....we'll soon find out.

Before that, I'd have to reserve my respects for the transporter, the same guys loaded the bikes, which took about 3 hours to finish, drove 1000km, yes, in case you thought I got wrong, i'll spell it for you, one thousand km from Hadyai to Bangkok and 24 hours later seems to be still fresh and strong to unload the bikes. I wouldn't be surprised if these people pissed napalm.

The hotel

Unloading


The courtyard filled up quickly


Back to the jacket, after taking out from the panniers glad to find that it doesn't smell so bad, then again I could have lost all my senses, and in these kind of circumstances, that's just fine by me.

Over dinner, we went into a discussion on how we're getting out of here to make our way to Cambodia. We had 7 Garmins at the dining table and I kid you not almost all had different routes going to the same place, so we're just going to use 1 instead of confusing ourselves.

Behind the hotel 





Tomorrow bright and early we'd be shooting off to Cambodia to spend a night in Phnom Penh and thus the adventure continues....

5 comments:

me or you said...

Lawa... walaupun gigi mcm rabbit sket..hehe

mustakimrides said...

belum tgk gambar lain lagi...hehe

Anonymous said...

everything looks perfect i'm dying from envy. be safe.

K

mustakimrides said...

I will. Thanks and I'll catch up with you once I'm back.

midgee said...

perhaps the guys who load/unload the bikes from hadyaai to bangkok drank 'daun ketum'. hehehe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...