20 November 2010

Indochina(M'sia/Thailand) - Post No 1: KL to Hadyai (500km)

19 November 2010

Finally....the day arrived. Thank god, coz the way I've been spending on the bike, I damn well sure better go somewhere. The day started well, with 8 riders gathering at Rawang R&R at 6.30am, i'm guessing everyone was too excited to even sleep the night before.


Ready to "terrorise" the streets near you....Ninja style!!
We picked up 3 more bikers in Simpang Pulai, enroute to the border. Today is pretty much all about highway miles, occasionally I imagined I'm PacMan eating the white lines in the middle of the road just to relieve the boredom. 

This was already in Sg. Pulai, let's see the final mileage once I'm done with this trip
I havent really decided how the updates is going to be with the report and pictures so i'll just hammer it. If anything I can make the changes later. For now all the pics are from my camera or cameras once i got the gopro hooked up.


Changlun...coffee break/Thai insurance/Change money
Passport control
The border crossing was a breeze, especially on the Malaysia side as with my full face and balaclava there's no way for immigration to know that I'm actually the guy on the passport, but he just stamps my it and wave me through....haha brilliant!

A bit longer on Thai side as you have to step off the bike take your gear off, go to immigration then queue again at customs to get the bike through, where i got shouted at for signing at the wrong place, but he still lets me though. I just gritted my teeth and said a quick thank you, and added a bastard under my breath...hehe juve!

So made it across and we're now in Thailand! all of a sudden I can't read the signboards, so yes, we're definitely in a different country. Onwards to Hadyai! We checked in Diamond Plaza Hotel for a quick rest before we load the bikes into the truck that'll take it to Bangkok.




We'll see you in Bangkok
BTW, Hadyai is still reeling from the massive floods that they experienced 2 weeks ago, so you get that distinct muddy smell in the air. Though I must say, they did a very good cleanup job as if you didnt know about it would definitely go unnoticed.


This was Hadyai 2 weeks ago
In the pic above, notice the black line at the reception, well, that's where the water was, and let me tell you this, the lobby is about 7 feet above the road outside.

As i've said, i'll update as and when able....so stay tuned for more!

* Fuel Consumption
1. KL - Simpang Pulai: 224km 11.43liters RM21.15 (i used the bike in KL a bit before heading off)
2. - Juru: 140km 7.59 liters RM16.32 (wrongly put in 97)
3. - Changloon: 132km 5.4liters RM10 (last of cheap fuel)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...