05 April 2011

Trip Preparation

04/04/11, mileage 26262

Nice numbers ain't it? I mean the date and mileage.

Good god, I've only had this bike for 8 months and I'm already on my second set of tyres. It sucks that there's still some life in the old set, but definitely would not be able to last the expected 10,000km for this trip, and keeping that set as spare also does not make sense considering that I have my original Battlewings at the shop. Oh well....

Once the new set goes in, dang what a difference. I didn't realise (noob mah) that I was constantly adding preload as the tyres wear as the bike was understeering. Now that the new set is in I gotta back off on the preload as it turns in easily. Hey! learn something new everyday.

Fresh set vs 18,000km
Can see the old set is flat in the middle
New set for the front as well

While I'm at it, changed the rear wheel bearings as well, new front pads, fresh oil and rear brake fluid. They're all still ok, but I changed it for peace of mind. 


Replacement bearings
Fresh blood
Still life in the old pads but what the heck!
We're shooting off to Hat Yai tomorrow and asses the flooding situation from there before we continue North. So I guess tomorrow I'll start post no 1 of The Jobless Wanderers Indochina Tour. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...