14 April 2011

The JWs Tours Indochina - Post 1

12 April 2011

It's my 7th day on the road since we left KL on Weds. Well on the road would not be the right thing to say cause I can safely say we're gonna be marooned in Chiang Mai until the 16th at least. Why? well it's Songkran! I've heard so many things about it but gonna find out first hand what it's all about. It's a religious festival, though I guess the allure is the water throwing fest that will escalate into a full blown water war tomorrow. They have started early and trust me, it hurts to hit a wall of water when you're doing 100km hour. So as of today, I've parked my bike and that bad boy is staying put until this madness boils over. Whatever it is I got my GoPro for taking pictures of the festivities tomorrow, so wait for that post.

In the mean time let's catch up with the past week shall we. Ok first the map.


Now that I'm staying put in CM for next few days I can finally get the damn blog updated. It's a lazy man's trick but I'll be using the pics to illustrate. I know....I know....such a slacker! then again no one is paying me......just saying.

Was raining when we left Wunderlich at 5pm...ya damn late. You can see David is happy to see us go...haha

11pm by the time we reached Hat Yai

Hmm...pretty sure I ordered roti telur.
Mad rain on the way to Surat Thani, had to detour due to flooded roads

Heavy mist in the morning as we're about to leave Surat Thani

Evidence of floods everywhere we pass.
It's really weird weather this time around, heavy rain and floods in Southern Thailand almost made us change our plans. We were pretty much modifying our plans every other minute depending on the information that's trickling through to us. 

How the hell did we end up in Australia?

Hot hot hot......more ice.....more ice!

Onwards to Kanchanaburi



The ride up to Kanchanaburi is just damn hot....not funny, yes we did choose to go up in at what is pretty much the hottest part of the year. After a long ride into Kanchanaburi, I was dissapointed that the gueshouse that I booked couldnt find my booking. Hmmm, heard this sort of shit happening to others before so nothing new there. It's a blessing in disguise of some sort coz we found Ploy Guesthouse, really nice place with prices ranging from 600 - 800 baht.





with your own private garden outside the window


It was only 3 months ago that I was in Kanchanaburi, so here I am again. Of course I did the whole Death Railway bridge again, though this time there was more time to check out the new museum and cemetery.

Violin man has a fan...




Read the left....


You can't take pictures at the museum...there are exceptions though.






It was really cool to ride up and have our pics taken with the bridge in the background. Yes, we're just a bunch of camwhores!

Bridge and bikes = priceless
Next stop Mae Sot and Chiang Mai.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...