18 October 2010

Ride Report - Kalumpang

Last Friday was my 20th year school reunion and for those who's quick in maths, yes...I am old. It was held in Kalumpang near Tg.Malim and since it's an overnight affair it'd give me some practice in packing my clothes...yes...yes I know it's just 1 night, so practice my ass la..haha. Even then i have to say I got it horribly wrong, I definitely brought too much unnecessary stuff like extra tshirt and shorts and yet forgot to bring my camera charger. Now how the hell am i gonna pack for a close to 2 months trip?

I also picked up a Rev'it Cayenne Pro jacket to serve as my touring jacket, so another opportunity to test this out. The idea is to have only 1 gear that'll that take the full weather onslaught come rain or shine on long trips. Though this time, I am (a little bit) smarter, I chose 1 in black so I won't really be bothered by how dirty it is.....oh you dirty fella!! Basically you can read more about the jacket in the link. 

I took the old trunk road from KL to Tg.Malim just to spice the journey a bit, which had the effect of taking me back to the good old days, when there was no PLUS highways from KL to North. I used to drive my dad after SPM from Ipoh to KL and it's all trunk road man. I thoroughly enjoyed it as there's always some "duel" going on with another vehicle, though I always try to make it as smooth as possible so that my dad won't notice. There's once when my dad was asleep that I came upon a Corrola and straight away I knew I had my quarry. At once a series of overtaking manevours ensued, I would overtake him and a few cars and he would do the same, we were literally locked in battle, no quarters given or taken and on and on it went, all the while I'm concentrating on the fella and keeping things smooth so as not to wake my dad. We were at it for a good half hour until he decided to up the ante and overtook on a blind corner which is also a double line, and I decided it was not worth the risk to follow, that was when out of the blue my dad said "mana aci potong double line".....hahaha guess he was enjoying the layan session as well...classic.

Arriving at the resort

Back to Kalumpang, it was good to see old faces again, boy have we grown and i mean it literally. No matter how old or important you are, when boys get together they're just kids. So yes, it was definitely a good outing.

Registration



Prosperity....


It fits!!





Yes, generally taking the lens cap off helps with the quality of the picture.


The ride back was brutal as I experienced 38deg, though in the name of saddle time and seasoning my butt for the longer rides, i plodded on. There's not much time left. I'm going for a 3days 2 nites trip to Taman Negara end of the month, let's see if either my riding or packing skills has improved by then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...